The long awaited day was here! Our visas had finally been issued, and our flight to Saudi Arabia was that night. Our house and bags were packed, the cars sold, and the house under contract. Everything was going smoothly. On our way down to breakfast, we stopped by to put a few things in the trunk of the rental car. . . . . which just so happened to be right next to a huge storm drain.
As I closed the trunk and turned around, I dropped the keys. They bounced once and then straight down. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the keys were about 10 feet down. What a way to start what already promised to be a long day of travel!! After almost two hours, we did finally get the keys back. By that point, the hotel manager had arrived for the day and had sent the kids and I up to our room to wait while the maintenance man worked on the problem for us. Unfortunately he didn't speak enough English to be able to explain how he finally got them out, but I think he did understand the enthusiastic 'thank you's. :-) 'Grate'fully, that ended up being the most eventful part of the day.
Here are a couple of cell phone pictures of the ride to the airport:
Erik and Elizabeth with the suitcases piled in the back.
Good-bye Houston!




Too funny.
ReplyDelete